It’s Wednesday, which means it is time for Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts, hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous.
- Faith #4 IS OUT TODAYYYYYYY! Make your way to your nearest comic bookstore, I sure did.
- Dewey’s readathon happened last Saturday. (I feel like I have talked about all of the things to death so I’m not elaborating any further)
- Went to a sidewalk sale the day after readathon (totally worth it)
- Signed up for #SmashYourStack.
- Lady Liberty bookmail: The galleys I won from her newsletter and her teespring sticker came in yesterday.
- Got me some literary swag from Book Riot: Maybe I will do a whole blog post of all of my literary t-shirts/swag. Let me know in the comments if that is a thing you’d like to see 🙂
- Saturday is Independent Bookstore Day, and I’m planning to drag D to a few bookstores around town to spread the book-buying guilt.
- Making new Snapchat besties with Andi and Shaina (hey, bonding over readathon delirium maketh friendships for life).
- Went to check my application status on a university’s portal, couldn’t find my application on there. This launched a full-blown panic attack followed by scrambling to get in touch with the school while simultaneously trying to fill out another application to send to them. Turns out, they sent a second email asking you to log onto a second portal to monitor your application status, and of course, I had never received that email. Finally received it last night, turns out they want vaccination records, so guess who has to go get shots tomorrow (ow) because I don’t have any records of immunization shots from the last 10 years. I know I’ve had them, but they were so long ago I’m sure my parents don’t have any of those records lying around. Unis ask for the most random things, I swear.
- Got invited to a wedding in June by my parents’ ex-neighbor, who wasted no time talking my ear out about how disappointed she was in my mum not attending the wedding and even probed me for information to verify my mum’s reasons for not being able to attend Yeah, that was not fun. People are so….anyway.
- Watched Lemonade last night. ’nuff said.
- ABAI (Association for Behavior Analysts International) Conference is happening next month, and I’m looking forward to attending it. Gotta make my spreadsheet and peruse the schedule to see what talks I want to attend. Gotta collect ’em CEUs, baby.
- On the mood/mental health front: Doing better. Taking it one day at a time. This nasty cold I’ve got going combined with the dreary Chicago weather has me sleeping in the last couple of days, which I’m not liking. I’m trying not to make too much of it. Got some tight deadlines at work, and it is stressing me out but I’m continuing my one-step-at-a-time approach. I have a lot of work but I’m not feeling productive, know what I mean?
That’s all from me, for now. What’s your Wednesday forecast?