I realized last night that there’s a BUNCH of bookish things happening in May that I will be a part of, so I decided to consolidate all of them in one page, most as a point of reference for me, but also for anyone else that wants to participate in them:
1. Smash Your Stack, which is all through the month of May, hosted by Andi and Melissa.
2. Read My Own Damn Books, hosted by Andi, which I will once again be attempting this month, with an emphasis on “no book-buying outside of conferences”.
3. Read The Books You Buy, hosted by the Book Date, where I will again make all that moolah spent worth it.
4. R. K. Narayan Readalong starts today! This one is hosted by Deepika, who is an amazing reader and blogger and lover of canines. It’s from May 1st to May 15th. I’ve got at least three books of his that I want to read, and I haven’t read them since middle-school, so this will be a lovely wave of nostalgia.
5. Bout Of Books, which runs from May 9th to May 15th. This will be my first time, sign-up if you haven’t already!
6. National Readathon Day, on May 21st. This readathon is hosted by the American Library Association and Penguin Random House, in support of literacy programs. I’m using this as a practice run for my next Dewey’s readathon, since I probably won’t be doing a lot of social media stuff with this one, besides updates and general cheering. The official tag is #Readathon2016. If you have nothing going on that Saturday, sign up and read with me for a few hours!
BookCon is on May 14th! I will not be able to go to BEA, time commitments and I can’t afford both that and ABAI. I am stoked for BookCon though, and I feel that will be less overwhelming for someone like me who is a book-event newbie. But I’m hoping to see my lovely twitter friends that will be attending BEA/BookCon that week, so that means books-and-booze time! Woo!
I know it sounds like a lot, but I think it’s all evenly spaced out, plus some of them are a month-long and only require the minimum response effort of adding a hashtag to instagram pictures and tweets. I will definitely be blogging updates for each event as they happen, so you’ll be privy to all of the details of my bookish life, whether you like it or not.
Alright then, tally-ho folks, I got me some books to read!