It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme currently hosted by The Book Date. It’s a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week, and add to that ever-growing TBR stack.
Unrelated to everything on this blog, I have cried laughing over Melissa McCarthy’s guest appearance on SNL approximately 8 times yesterday. Comedy can be so cathartic, especially when it’s so well done.
Meanwhile my last week was wildly busy so I didn’t get a chance to read much. I did however finish Redefining Realness by Janet Mock on audio, and it is a spectacular memoir. I caught up with all my issues of Narrative of Sojourner Truth on Serial Reader and I think I’m about 3 issues away from being done with my first ever pick on Serial.
Ooh here’s a list of bookish activities I’m participating in this month:
- Social Justice Book Club is back again this month and we’re reading The AutoBiography of Malcolm X in honor of Black History Month.
- Bina is hosting a Diverse Study Group to discuss nonfiction, specifically academic texts and the like. We’re reading a few chapters on intersectional feminism and will be discussing over on Slack at the end of the month.
- @Ambrosnazzy over on Litsy is hosting a #LitsyPartyofOne on Feb 10th! A virtual reading party for all the introverted bookworms around the world.
- @FYeahAsexual is currently hosting #AceBookClub, where we’re reading Chameleon Moon by RoAnna Sylver until Feb. 12th and Runtime by the same author from Feb 12-17th.
- Book Riot is hosting a super casual Instagram challenge during the month of February. Check out the #RiotGrams tag for deets on the prompts if you’re interested in playing.
That’s all I got, kids. Here’s me committing to at least two more posts this week, with at least one of them being a review.
Talk to me about what you’re reading!