Okay, first of all, I can’t believe that it’s April because HOLY COW where did the last three months go? Anyway, I’m still figuring out how to use WordPress and mess around with themes and the like ( I have been told my learning celeration is at least a solid x2 so I’ll get there fast, I promise). Over the weekend I came up with a bunch of ideas for blog posts, quickly became overwhelmed trying to decide how to go about them, and currently taking 20 minutes out of my workday to type this in my basement office-space while drinking coffee (it’s all about multi-tasking, baby).
The point of all this is to say that I put a pin on all of the time-consuming blog posts for a second and just do a quick summary of the reading challenges that I’m participating in this year. This is not an exhaustive list, as I keep adding to them, but I will figure out a better way to organize this, I promise (i.e., new friends and blogging experts, your suggestions are most welcome!)
The roster (Note- these are the annual challenges only, there’s others like Weirdathon, 245in48, and Dewey’s 24 hour marathon that I participate in as well):
- Goodreads 2016 Reading Challenge: I started out this year with a goal of 75 books, pushed that to a 100 by the end of January, and then pushed it to 150 at the end of February. I have come to accept that this reading goal will shift as I progress through the year.
- Book Riot Read Harder 2016: This one is going pretty well so far, since it has been the primary factor that has shaped my reading behavior in the last year.
- Panels Read Harder 2016: I’m very new to the comic-book world, and all of my comic interests are governed by kickass female protagonists, minority protagonists, non-conforming characters, graphic novels, etc., making this the perfect challenge for a newbie.
- Read My Own Damn Books: (Ha, this one took a hit in the first quarter of the year but I’m going to make a sincere effort in April, goddammit). Edit: I forgot that I actually need to sign-up for this with a blog link, oops. It has been added to my to-do list.
- Popsugar Ultimate Reading Challenge: I started this challenge at the beginning of the year because at that time I had only committed to doing Book Riot’s challenge. Since I have been reading more than I did last year this challenge doesn’t seem too daunting, so I’m plugging away at it along with everything else.
- Read The Books You Buy Challenge 2016: I discovered this challenge 20 minutes ago, and will make my commitment post at some point today in order to sign up, but this goes well with the RMODB challenge because man I have been book-shopping a LOT.
I think that’s it, I could be wrong. Like I said, I’m still working out how best to organize these in order to keep them updated. If you don’t want to see my brains explode all over the blogosphere, please feel free to chime in with solutions/suggestions!
Also, I’m having a solid case of the Mondays (feelings of overwhelm resulting in avoidance, classic), and I’m hoping I snap out of it soon.
Hope y’all are heading into a wonderful week 🙂